AIM partners with NYSTAR (Empire State Development Division of Science, Technology and Innovation) whose mission is to accelerate the growth of New York State’s high-technology economy. NYSTAR programs are designed to enable new and existing businesses to become more competitive through the use of innovative technologies, and emphasize the importance of working with industry to leverage the state’s technology strengths to produce new products and new and expanded jobs in the state.
Through funded programs which support world-class technology research at colleges and universities, NYSTAR works to promote a robust network of industry-university partnerships throughout the state. Its support of Regional Technology Development Centers provides direct technology assistance to small and medium-size manufacturers and other businesses.
AIM provides the following services to manufacturers in six regional counties:
- Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement
- ISO 9001 QMS
- AS9100 QMS
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- OSHA Safety Training
- Training Within Industry (TWI)
- Environmental Compliancy
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Plan (HACCP)
- Safe Quality Foods Level 1 & 2
- Network and Cybersecurity
- Website Development
- Strategic Business Services – Strategic Planning, Sales Planning, Succession Planning, Disaster Recovery Planning
- Design Engineering/Prototyping
- CNC Training/Shop Math
AIM is affiliated with ten Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) offices in NYS including 1 statewide center (FuzeHub) that specializes in NY MEP marketing and business matchmaking efforts. NYMEP has regional offices in Utica, Binghamton, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, North County, Hudson Valley, New York City and Long Island.