The GLOBAL NY fund is a $35 million grant program that assists small and medium-sized companies with starting and growing their export sales. The goal of GLOBAL NY is to create new jobs and link New York State’s small and medium-sized businesses to the global market. To help businesses successfully compete in the world-wide economy, GLOBAL NY is offering:
- $25,000 and $50,000 grants,
- Loans of up to $500,000,
- Export marketing assistance, and a
- State Trade & Export Promotion (STEP) Grant Program.
GLOBAL NY offers interest-free loans of up to $500,000 to allow companies to buy equipment and inventory. These loans may lead to revenues of millions of dollars for participating companies. To apply, click here.
This program provides grants of up to $25,000 to help small and medium-sized companies reach international customers through exporting. The money can be used for involvement in export workshops and trade shows, adjusting goods to meet international standards, and more! Non-profit organizations that supply trade education and exporting help to businesses in New York State can apply for grants of up to $50,000. To read the grant guidelines, click here. To apply, click here.
The goal of GLOBAL NY is to create new jobs and link New York State’s small and medium- sized businesses to the global market.
Export Marketing Assistance
This service connects companies to sales agents and international distributors through a world network. The network’s global offices provide research for specific companies, insight into possible partners, and a local knowledge base for the markets that companies are reaching out to. To apply, click this application.
State Trade & Export Promotion (STEP) Grant Program
This grant program is for small businesses who are starting to export or who need to improve their export quality and sales. The funds will help companies with:
- Participation in foreign trade missions,
- Foreign market sales trips,
- Subscription services provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce,
- Website foreign translation services and international marketing campaigns, and more!
- To qualify, businesses must meet SBA size standards, have a product to export, be operating profitably for the past year, and adhere to the standards and mission of the New York State STEP program.
For more information regarding the GLOBAL NY fund, please call AIM Director Cory Albrecht at (315) 717- 8774 or email him at [email protected]. To read more about GLOBAL NY programs, visit http://global.ny.gov/find-out-how-global-ny-can-help-your-business-programs-and-services.