The State University of New York (SUNY), in partnership with the New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) and the United States Department of Labor (USDOL), coordinate activities to expand Registered Apprenticeships (RA) in NY with a focus on engaging employers to secure paid RA in high-skilled, high demand and competitive wage occupations
Mohawk Valley Community College is an approved Related Instruction provider for the following trades:
- CNC Tool and Cutter Grinder
- Electronics Technician
- Electronics Mechanic (CNC Systems Maintenance)
- Machinist (CNC)
- Mold Maker
- Maintenance Mechanic (Automatic Equipment)
- Plant Maintenance: Electrician
- Plant Maintenance: Mechanic
- Plant Maintenance: Boilermaker
- Plastic Process Technician
- Quality Assurance Auditor
- Welder (Industrial)
Additional trades in development for:
- Information Technology
- Other sectors as needed
Why choose an apprenticeship?
- Workforce has a genuine interest in your industry.
- Higher productivity, employee retention rates, and substantial returns on investment.
- Funding available to offset training costs
- Tax incentives & additional funding from NYSDOL
To learn more about AIM’s additional services for the Mohawk Valley Region, click here.
For additional questions or information on how to get involved in the apprenticeship program, please contact James Willey, Kyle Hawkins, or Matt Maloy at AIM today
*The SUNY Apprenticeship Program is funded through appropriations in the New York State budget beginning in the 2016/2017 fiscal year.
*The NY College Apprenticeship Network is paid for by a $7.9 million grant from the U.S Department of Labor, Employoment and Training Administration.